I have not been tagged but the following set of questions is one I thought may be interesting to answer even if I am married, have a child and some situations have only hypothetical answers.
1. If your lover betrayed you what would your reaction be?
Love is an emotion that transcends hate, sure it's natural to feel murderous, suicidal, hopeless but beyond that there is love and hope and it is possible to forgive, forget and accept or to move on. Thats what I would do.
2. What’s it that you see in an ideal partner?
A person who can be a friend, in good times and bad, someone who will thoughtfully light a torch in the stairs when there is a per cut (as I cant see in the dark) and someone who will hold my hand whn I climb down stairs as they scare me.
3. What, according to you, is the perfect date?
There is no perfect date - wine, candles, cards, chocolates and flowers were invented to make you spend money. One can have a good time anywhere.
4. Would you like to have children soon enough? Or would you wait till your mid-thirties for the first child?
Biologically it makes better sense to have them sooner, emotionally you are better prepared when you are older.
5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?
Now let me think - no I think that would be sacrilege, even if he is the best looking man on this planet. Love is complicated while friendship is much more simple and I would prefer to maintain simplicity.
6. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?
A parents love and a child's love are the purest and the most divine forms that one can experience. The man-woman thing is often laced with unexplainable complications!
7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you love?
I didn't wait - I just married and you know what, its great!
8. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?
That has happened to me all the time in school - all my crushes had crushes on the hottest girls in school - what can one do really except forget them!
9. What do you think are the foundation stones of a good relationship?
A balanced mix of space and caring
10. What according to you is the most beautiful thing about relationships or marriage?
Dissolving of self
11. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
An acclaimed novelist
12. What’s your fear?
I cant think of any
13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
No one tagged me so I think all people out there are just wonderful!
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?
Rich and poor is relative - I am what I always was, I neither feel richer or poorer, so marriage does not really make a difference if you ae careful about joint finances.
15. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?
Intriguing situation - flip a coin maybe?
16. Would you give all in a relationship?
Relationships are not about give and take, if we understood that, we would have everlasting relationships! Its because we think we give, we expect returns from the other side and that leads to all kinds of problems.
17. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?
Depends. Its not possible to ignore a wilful desire to hurt someone, if someone does that to me I would disconnect immediately.
18. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?
That is a question which has no answers - man is never satisfied really! If you are happy and at peace with yourslef, it does not matter whether you single or in a relationship