Let there be Light

Every day I considered myself lucky to have this beautiful mountain just outside my window, I felt strong just by looking at it. The mountain was omnipresent in my life, my dreams, decisions and actions were derived from the strength that this mountain gave me. I often looked up with wonderment and admired its height, magnificence, majesty, beauty and the general halo that surrounded it. It made me aim higher and strive for more in life.

One day there was a tremendous storm with a heavy cloudburst and when the light of the day finally dawned, I looked out of my window to find that my mountain had disappeared. I was devastated to find that my mountain was just a heap of volcanic ash which had stood high in a perfect world but collapsed under the vagaries of life and nature. Perhaps it was my belief which helped it to stand for this long.

What I did not realize was that my mountain blocked light out of my life; it limited my vision and limited my aspirations. Now the horizon is mine to conquer, there are bigger dreams to dream and greater heights to scale and I am thankful to my mountain who taught me to think and dream big and instill in me the belief that dreams do come true if one wants it enough...

Comments

Indianpeppone said…
Hmmmmm.....
dont wanna jump to assumptions... so will just say... go girl...
BlondebutBright said…
What a beautiful story. It's always good when something that at first seems negative can give a new perspective.
jhantu said…
The mountain taught you a lot and then crumbled in a heap after that. What a nice mountain, ideal to be the lead for a romantic tragedy.
Sandeep Meher said…
thanks for reminding me...
ichatteralot said…
@Indianpeppone: Dont jump! Thanks...

@BbB: Sure does and what happens is always for the best

@Jhantu: Planning to write a mushy Mills & Boon on this subject!

@Sandeep: What did you forget?
Nautilus said…
I would say that the mountain sheltered you when you needed it...now that you are all grown up :-) it decided to move out of your way so that you can broaden your horizon.
Albatross said…
It's so wonderful perspective that you have given to something people like me would never ever think of !

Good to have you back...thanks for this.
Anonymous said…
2 set up a goal/or 2 hv a perspective for life, i think everyone draws inspiration from something big, magnificient, majestic. it may b mountain ,or ocean , it can b anything.it is right u commented that after mountain crushed, u redefined the objectives ,as mountain narrowed down the vision. mission ,vision ,changes as per time, situation.entire article is very good,its a self realisation, keep it up.
ichatteralot said…
@Nautilus: You have a point! More of a habit than anything else...

@Albatross: Always welcome...

@Anonymous: Thanks, appreciatte your comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Chatroom - Then & Now

My First Job

Sibling Rivalry